At times, the main learning problem of a student is a certain academic subject. For example, many students have problems with writing essays on architecture. It is a very interesting and important field of human activity. All the buildings that surround us are the products of architects and engineers. Therefore, architecture should be taken seriously. Some students believe that it is too complicated for academic writing.
An academic writing expert and famous blogger, Lauren Bradshaw, has an interesting opinion about this crucial matter. She is employed at CustomWritings, which is a highly reputed essay writing company that hires only the best academic experts online. Accordingly, we can trust the experience of Lauren. Here is what she says: “You should not take architecture as something complicated. It is enough to know the specifications of this direction. When it comes to writing essays in this direction, simply stick to the common rules of essay writing”. The author tells us to simply use common writing methods. No matter what subject you cover, they are universal and work for every academic direction perfectly. We will highlight them in our informative guide.
Know What to Write About
A good topic is half of the successfully written essay. That is why you are expected to select it carefully. One of the best topics for architecture essays is the existing styles. There are 15 of them, and so each is popular and interesting to write about. Make allowances for the next styles in architecture:
- Greek Revival;
- Arts and Crafts;
- Cape Cod;
- Art Deco;
Be sure to research whatever style you opt for. It is crucial to know all its peculiarities, differences, and similarities compared to other styles, history of development, value, and so on.
Have a Regular Practice
No matter what topic you opt for, your writing skills are supposed to be advanced to meet the tough demands of academic writing. You ought to polish them every day for at least 2 hours every day. Try various writing techniques to be armed with all the necessary methods and knowledge.
Be sure to learn theories as well. They can be found in various educational materials. Find them on the Internet and read them for free. You may find vital tips and tricks in:
- Textbooks, etc.
You may find them on such sites as WikiHow, Google Scholar, and so on.
Write a Strong Thesis Statement
When you write a good thesis statement, you have the foundation of the entire project. It is a one-sentence statement, which clarifies the main purpose of your essay. You may build the entire project around this crucial statement.
Be sure it is clear and straight to the point. You should not write such sentences as: “Architecture is important”. Your thesis statement should be something like these variations:
- Comparison between classical and neoclassical architecture helps to understand the development of the industry.
- Architects make our lives convenient, safe, and vivid.
Remark: Mind that your thesis statement may be altered after you complete the essay. Perhaps the initial assumptions will be a bit different and so you will have to make some slight adjustments. Nevertheless, it will be the trunk of the tree. Other parts of the essay will be its branches and leaves.
Make It Readable
It is vital to make your text flow and be pleasant to the eye. This task is one of the most important parts of essay writing for any academic field. We would like to provide several universal tips to make texts be natural, logical, and comprehensive. Make allowances for the next essentials:
- Choose the right lexicon. Give heed to the words you use in your essay. They must belong to architecture. You should also avoid all unknown words, slang, and jargon. If you use a specific and narrow architecture term, be sure to explain it to your readers. Use exact and clear examples.
- Do not overuse the passive voice. It is better to stick to the active voice. Compared to passive constructions, it requires fewer words, and they are more dynamic to make the text livelier. Passive constructions suit better lab reports or research papers.
- Do not think with clichés. Your papers are expected to be original and creative. It is impossible if you use stereotypes and clichés. Avoid them at all costs.
- Make smooth transitions. You should make logical transitions to the next chapters of the story. You cannot end a thought abruptly. Be sure the next paragraph is a logical continuation of the previous one.
- Do not overload paragraphs with too many theses. You should not try to cram several claims into a single paragraph. Ideally, you should cover one sub-thesis at a time.
Use a Good Outline
The smartest students always have a plan when they write essays. A plan or an outline of an essay structures the entire text and makes you organized. Every time you forget about what comes next, you should only take a look at the plan to continue your writing. Your plan should consist of the following points:
- Main writing stages – introduction, main plot, and conclusion.
- Working tools – pens, papers, notebook, cell phone, tablet, etc.
- Deadlines – realistic timing for every section.
- Descriptions – what should be done in every section.
It is necessary to reread your paper at least twice or thrice. Thus, you will avoid potential drawbacks. When you revise your essays, you can spot weak argumentation, illogical concepts, grammar mistakes, and so on. Apply various methods of essay revision:
- Reading in the head, aloud, backward, etc.
- Checking with grammar checkers and editors.
- Ask others to read your essays.
Use Custom Writing Assistance
If you feel you cannot handle this task properly, you may use the help of a reliable custom writing agency. It surely has hundreds of professional writers who specialize in different academic fields, including architecture.
Their skills are advanced, and they know how to handle all essay types. Just tell what should be done, and a qualified expert will fulfill all your needs. Thus, you will get an A+ grade.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, the subject of an essay you write does not really matter. We have highlighted universal tips and tricks that help to complete essays in architecture successfully. If your command of the subject is high, and you know where to find relevant information, the process of writing will be an easy stroll in a local park for you.